Society of St. Vincent de Paul - Our Lady of Lourdes Conference
SOCIETY OF ST. VINCENT de PAUL – Our Lady of Lourdes Conference
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul is the largest Catholic lay organization in the world, operating in 142 countries. The Vincentians of Our Lady of Lourdes Conference have provided person-to-person service to the needy in this area regardless of race, creed, color or status for over 30 years.
We are dedicated to the urgent exhortation of our founder, Blessed Frederic Ozanam: “Let us go to the poor.” The homes we visit are among the special places where those who seek assistance and those who offer it meet on the common ground of God's love. The compassion of St. Vincent and Blessed Frederic motivates Vincentians to continue the ministry to the poor begun by Jesus Christ himself.
There are many ways Vincentians respond to this vocation. If you would like to learn more about how you could become an Associate Vincentian or Full Vincentian, please contact Carol Voit at 623-344-7267.
GRATITUDE TO OUR PARISHIONERS
We are indebted to our supportive parishioners for all the many ways they enable us to continue our mission.
- In-kind donations of furniture, bedding and bath linens, dishes, glasses, tableware, pots and pans, and clothing may be dropped off at our truck location church for that month between Masses on Charity Weekends from September through May.
- Non-perishable food for our pantry is collected between Masses at both churches on Charity Weekends in March/June/September/December.
- On the Tuesday of Thanksgiving week, turkeys and food for Thanksgiving meals are brought to our drop-off location at Bashas’ on Meeker Blvd., SCW.
- Vincentians outside church with their collection baskets appreciatively accept monetary donations after weekend Masses on Charity Weekends of January/March/May/July/September.
- Contributions for special projects like Back-to-School and Christmas Adopt-A-Family.